Friday, June 27, 2008

A bitter sweet day





























Today we sold our house of 30 years in 10 hours after it was put on the market. Here is where my precious boys were raised and my only little girl was born. Where Lucky, Rosco Flint and Allie made their home and fish were caught , snakes were found and alot of army, skateboarding and play school was done. Here is where Birthdays were celebrated and Santa Clause was found. Here is where tears fell and laughter was heard. Here is where Kindergarden, Elementary school, High school and College were achieved. Where my boys turned into men and my little girl turned into a beautiful women. Here is where my children accepted Christ and alot of praying was done. Here is where grandchildren came to see JuJu and LuLu. Here is where we made a family to be apart of each of us, wherever we go. We will take our cherish memories of this place to forever be in our hearts and we will continue the rest of our lives, thanking God for each new day and for everyone who has blessed us in this place.

8 comments:

juju said...

oh, moma! I am so sad, but at the same time so happy for you and a new beginning to move away from the bad memories....it is time....but is going to be very difficult, I could tell yesterday they wanted it and it was hard, and now even harder....but there were so many good memories...I will never forget....but I am ready to make new ones at Springland which has been built with so much love.
I love you and Louis both.
Abby

p.s. so glad that stress did not last long...God is so good

juju said...

p.s.s I am so thankful to have one more Birthday at 2240 tonight!!!!

-A

juju said...

What sweet thoughts, honey. You make me cry. I love you for your heart and insight. Mom

juju said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Family said...

Way to go girls (Abby and Judy), way to support each! Abby, I'm kind of sat too. I've loved that little house on the river and I too have good memories there. But your support of your Mother's dreams come true, is too, a beautiful thing. Home is were the heart is and your hearts are sooo big, every room of Springland will be filled with love! I'm looking forward to many more new memories.

Queenie said...

I am always amazed that I am
included in all celebrations at
2240 as well at other places when
a party is the answer. Thank you for making me such a big part of
your lives. From day one I have
watched that little tiny baby grow
up. It was interesting. It will be
interesting to see the future-----
I am trying to decide what to wear
when we have to go to the
graduation of your children.
Much love,
Nana

Unknown said...

Hey Judy and Lewis..Meredith sent your blog to me. I have enjoyed every page!! Tears of joy for you have been flowing as I recalled the great memories that we have had as neighbors and in bringing up our two precious girls. The afternoon walks, the backporch sitting, celebrating birthdays, and graduations..what could have been better? Best of luck with your knew home...it is God's plan for you to open this unbelievable chapter in your lives. I cannot wait to visit Springland.

juju said...

Sandra, I can't tell you how much your comments meant to both Abby and I. Never, will I ever forget how much you have meant to me as Meredith and Abby were growing up. It always felt good to know Abby had a special place to go to and Meredith was definitely such a big part of 2240. Thank you, for your friendship all through the years. I know you are loving being on the mountain. Our door is always open to you and Terry.