Monday, January 10, 2011

A Very Full Month!

We will start this blog with a beautiful winter 4 " snow that kept me home instead of the full day that was planned. Abby, Louis and I had great fun sledding and making our own "Frosty the Snowman". Sunday, was spent with Mom, reluctantly taking down the tree for her. Somehow, it is always hard to take down a tree that has such sweet memories of Christmas and Christmas's past. The picture of the sleigh on our porch is Dad's contribution to my Christmas's the past 27 years. Without him it would never had been restored. It, too, is hard to put away after the holidays so we have kept it out for the winter snows. Our Christmas at home was some what sad because Rob, Chad, Lisa, Kyle and Gaege couldn't be here, but we made it Ok by sharing Christmas week end with Felly, Rob's good friend from Thailand, who found great pleasure and appreciation in all that Christmas holds. We also got the gift of a white Christmas and Mom spending the night with us, Christmas Eve. Yes, the past 4 weeks were full of cooking, a lot of grandmother's boil custard, shopping, decorating, wrapping and family and friends. What better Christmas gift and blessing is that.


















5 comments:

Queenie said...

I is three oclock and you have to
be at work at 7:30. I could not
sleep so I got up to do something
else, but I don't have to get up.
Does that man know his age? I bet he never did that at 25, pretty good sleding. Beautiful pictures.
Looks like a great snow day.

fweakijam said...

What a ride!...in more way than one!

I sure wish someone would come and take down my Christmas tree. Guess these icy days are the perfect time to get that job done but it sure would be more fun with some help!

Love your pictures, as usual you and everyone and everything else look lovely.

Happy snow days!

Merry

fweakijam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
:+: Felly's :+: said...

That's look like fun >_<
.
The snow man is so cute ^__^

Leigh said...

I have laughed and laughed at that video of you two sledding. I popped back in tonight and looked at it again and started giggling again. Mike thought I had lost it, then I showed it to him, now he's laughing. You should send it in to America's Funniest Videos!