Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Decoration Day at Jones Hill Cemetary

Come to think about it, Decoration Day at Jones Hill has been a Day that I have had apart  of my life for 63 years.  As I get older and each time I go, I am more aware of the fact that  it is somewhat like the feeling of home there.  The reunion of family and friends,  the beauty of the hilltop, and each one going to make beautiful their plot of land and then a moment to remember gives each of us a sense of closeness.   The short service was good.  Seeing Leeann Talley,  Patsy Patton and her beautiful daughter, Edy was a treasure.  A precious surprise was Tonya and Matt arranging flowers for  my sister Betty's grave.  And Of course, watching Mother approving Dad's new flowers makes be know she will never stop taking care of him.  Thank you, Mom, for the day and the time we had together to remember all we have shared through the generations.











1 comment:

Family said...

You know, I have felt more and more the same way as each time I visit Jones Hill. It is so rich in our family's history. Thank you for the sweet post. Mom looks great, Lee Ann and Patsy remind me of their mothers and I love seeing you and Louis, Matt and Tonya lovingly extending the line of time.

...and Mom, I love, love, love Dad's flowers.

Merry