Friday, March 21, 2008

Land grant cabin



The look and feel of a log cabin gives me a sense of the past, hearth and home.  So. Louis said, when I found this 200 year old cabin that I could choose the  cabin or a replacement for my 10 year old car.  No question about it for me, I choose the cabin.  That's history that is not easily found. You can buy cars all day, any day.  So, this week the footers are poured and off we go to add a cabin to the grounds of Springland.  I know we can put it to good use in some way.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
juju said...

I still can't believe you gave up a car for a cabin.....but it will be very nice and just what you want......let's just pray the car hangs in there!!!! HA!
Abby

Family said...

I fell in love with this place when you took me there...it must be in the genes. I am amazed at your energy to still dream and build. I'm afraid I have given all that up to the next generation. I just hope they have as much fun as we have! Thanks for letting me share your stuff.:)

Can you put me a bed in that log cabin?

Merry